The goal of this website is to send your YNAB spending data into Exist.io.
This website collects as little data as possible to facilitate this integration. This page details the information that is stored and used after you've linked your YNAB and Exist accounts.
Information We Store
- Your YNAB user ID
- The YNAB budget ID you select
- The IDs of groups and categories you select
- Your Exist.io user ID and username
- The OAuth credentials to access the YNAB and Exist API on your behalf
Information We Do Not Store
- We do not store any of your transactions, even in log files
- We do not store the names of your budget categories or groups, they are only briefly fetched to show you the list during setup
- We do not store any contact info that might be available through the YNAB or Exist APIs
Information We Use while Processing Transactions
The following information is requested from the YNAB API while we are processing transactions, but is not stored beyond the time it takes to send it to Exist.io
- Every transaction in the selected categories and groups is requested from the YNAB API. These are added together grouped by day, and the resulting sum total is sent to Exist.io
- The transactions themselves are not stored by this service or sent to Exist.io
Cookies are used only to facilitate logging in to your YNAB and Exist.io accounts.
Data collected from YNAB is sent to Exist.io and then discarded, as described above. No data collected is sent to any other third parties. We do not use any analytics services or third party trackers to provide this service.
We store log files to aid in troubleshooting and debugging. The log files contain the Exist.io username and daily totals sent to Exist.io on each import. If unknown errors are encountered, the API response will be logged as well.
Log files are occasionally deleted, usually monthly.